How to install Krant Vents in a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Justin

How to install Krant Vents in a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT

Postby Justin » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:03 pm

OP: http://www.club3g.com/forum/performance/48277-how-krank-vent-install.html
Before I begin. For anyone who has no idea what krank vent is please check this website out. http://www.et-performance.com also the proper kit is: ("Turbo Kit" for ALL auto engines)

IF YOUR CAR IS NOT F.I. THERE IS NO NEED TO DO THIS MODIFICATION!!!

This is a guide on how to install Krant Vents in a 2000 Mitsubishi Eclipse GT with a manual transmission. (Note: This install guide will work for all Mitsubishi Eclipses 2000-2005 with the 6G72 engine, includes both GT & GTS; manual or automatic does not apply) If your car is a 2000-2005 Mitsubishi Eclipse RS-GS with 4G64 engine, either with manual or automatic transmission, the install will be similar, but not exactly the same as in the shown pictures and explanations.

If you do not know which way is "IN" or "OUT" on the valves, blow in one end and see if air flows out the other side, if it does, its the "IN" side.

Here are what the Krank Vents look like: the small one goes between the PCV valve & intake manifold (VRX Manifold in this instance) & the large krank vent goes between the rear valve cover PCV valve & intake or vents into atmosphere.
(Note: the black caps denote, which way the air flows; side with the cap on is the intake side)

This is where you will install the small Krank Vent, between the PCV valve (the black 90 degree elbow looking thing) and the hose that runs to the intake manifold.

Now cut/splice the hose in half or near half. Take the small Krank Vent and apply small about of lubricant to both sides, makes it easier to slide into the hose. In this picture I took the PCV valve out as well. When installing be sure that the air flows from the vavle cover towards the intake manifold (so when underboost, it closes the Krank Vent).

Now slide on the other side of the hose onto the Krank Vent, place and tighten the screws on the hose clamps so it fits snuggly between the hose. This is what it should look like.

Now to install the large Krank Vent you will have to connect it to the hose that runs from the rear valve cover PCV valve and connects to the air intake or stock air box. (In my picture it is the read hose that runs from the rear PCV valve to the cone air filter that connects to the Vortech Supercharger)

To make my life eaiser I took out the battery and the intake that runs from the supercharger to the throttlebody.

Here is what the rear PCV valve looks like. (sorry for the bad picture) its on the right side of the engine when looking from the front of the car. It looks like a 90 degree pipe sticking out.

Again repeat the install as for the small Krank Vent. However, when installing the large Krank Vent be sure that the air flows from the rear PCV valve to the air cone or air box, or just is not connected to anything and vents into the atmosphere.

Final Product

Small Krank Vent from PCV valve in the front to intake manifold.

Large Krank Vent from PCV valve in the rear to intake pipe or vents to atmosphere.

Now that your Krank Vents are installed, put everything back together and go grab a beer.

Return to “Automobiles (Turbo)”